Amy Schilling Photography Blog

April 21, 2011

the two hands

On the one hand there's this, and on the other hand there's that. Yeah, that's kind of what this post is all about. I have a couple of sessions to share and a special birthday session tomorrow, but today is just...random happenings. Aren't you so excited?! As well you should be, Reader, as well you should be.

1) Bugs. I've been lucky enough to have been bitten by TWO random bugs this week in two completely different locations on two different days. After three days the swelling seems to be going down. Yea! And bugs. This week Avery has gotten to play with a ladybug, two doodle bugs, see a fuzzy caterpillar, and look at a beetle. I'm really trying to push back my initial, "Yuck! Bugs!" because I want her to experience them as I did when I was a little kid. Sometimes it's really hard!

2) Compromised bank cards & awesome customer service. My debit card has been compromised so a new one was issued. I haven't activated it because it's still been allowing me to run it as a debit as long as I'm able to enter my pin. Well after ordering Jason's Deli to-go while in town a couple of days ago, I realized I had no way to pay when my card was declined. The clerk gave me the food for free! And I suppose it's time to activate the new card.

3) Phlebotomists. Avery had to have routine blood work and the tech convinced me he needed to use a needle in her vein because doctors prefer it, we might have to stick her finger again if it doesn't fill fast enough, etc. I said okay but told him that she was stuck in the finger the last time and it was fine. Cut to him not finding a vein after tying her arm off, then going ahead and sticking the needle in and moving it around and still not drawing blood. I'm sure the whole ordeal lasted less than a minute, but when I'm holding my sweet hysterical baby and he doesn't appear to know what he's doing...I saw red and it wasn't Avery's blood. I asked politely for him to remove it and stick a finger instead. He then turned to the tech who was helping hold Avery's arm and asked if she wanted to do it. She was so nice and was done quickly with minimal tears and she gave us a sucker!

4) Mini shopping carts at the grocery store. Really fun at first but when Avery's done pushing there's no place for her to sit because my few groceries fill up the cart. And also, it's really easy for her to push away from me while I'm trying to scan items at the self-check.

5) Self-check at the grocery store. I hate it. There's no other hand for this one. I really do loathe the self-check and I always get aggravated that I've let myself begin checking when it's NEVER faster for me. Ever.

6) New places. Avery and I tried out a couple of new toddler activities this week. I got lost once, but at least it was a quick turnaround. Avery had fun and that's really what matters.

7) Doing all right. This morning before Sesame Street I listened to a PBS supporter state that he supports the station because of programs like Sesame Street and that his 20 month old grandson knows the alphabet and can count to 20. Maybe we don't watch Sesame Street enough because my 20 month old cannot say the alphabet or count to 20, and for a second I was all, "We need to work on this!" But then again, he didn't say that his 20 month old grandson knew what state he lived in, or the Capital of that state. But my girl? Well she knows about Texas. And she knows her colors so I think we'll be okay without the entire alphabet for now.

I do realize my lows are really not low at all. In fact, this has been a pretty good week. And it's a holiday weekend which means D is home for an extra day, we get to eat yummy food, and visit with a few family members we don't see very often!

And remember last Friday when I was all, "She's the perfect model!" Wasn't that just the cutest thing?! I'm so funny! So last weekend we were walking around downtown Lafayette with our friends and I really liked a couple of areas so we chucked Avery out of the stroller and I attempted a few photos. Not a single one with eye contact. But she looked really cute!

42101

This was actually a post for yesterday, Thursday. But in the middle I got interrupted and never made it back to a computer. It happens. So today will have a couple of posts because I have a wedding to share in a bit! Yea for multiple posts and yea for Good Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...