Amy Schilling Photography Blog

January 1, 2013

it's a new year, y'all

And I'm not pregnant anymore!  Wahoo!!!  Anyway, 2012 was a big year for our family as we moved cities, sold our first home, and welcomed our sweet boy - good times!  It appears 2013 will also be a big year for our family as we move back to the Houston area and begin our search for our first home as a complete family of four.  That's right, we're moving AGAIN.  Honestly, I'm hoping it's not an annual thing as it's just too much work. ;)

That's probably the biggest news for us heading into 2013, though we certainly know to expect the unexpected and leave our hearts and minds open to whatever God has planned for us.  Deran found out during my last week of pregnancy that his company would be opening a Houston office sometime next year and he was offered a spot.  It's so much sooner than either of us thought, but moving back to Houston was always in our long-term plans.  Soooo, just after I'd gotten my epidural and just a few hours before Dean joined our family, Deran took a conference call to finalize some Houston plans.  We're not sure exactly when we'll be packing, but it looks like sooner rather than later.  

So about an epidural...totally worth it!  I've got lots to share (you're welcome!) about Dean's arrival and life with two littles, I just have to find the time to sit down and type it all out.  We took fewer pictures during our hospital stay so I feel like I really need to write about it to preserve those sweet memories.  I had a successful VBAC and his birth experience was just...amazing.  I could cry happy tears thinking about it now.  I've got the baby joy, y'all!  And seriously, all glory and thanks to God for the delivery and recovery. We serve an awesome God, can I get an AMEN?!

A new year usually calls for resolutions and I'll be honest, I haven't written anything down yet.  Lots I'd like to do in 2013 but it all boils down to being happy and healthy.  I almost hate to write down a list of resolutions because I can look back on previous years and be so disappointed by my lack of accomplishments.  On the other hand, I really like to mark things out so lists are kind of fun.  And of course if I made a realistic list of goals then perhaps I wouldn't be so disappointed! 

I've got lots planned for the blog, it's current state should be fixed in the next day or two.  Avoiding technology has its downfalls!  Anyway, I hope 2013 is off to a fabulous start for everyone and look for regular posting to resume soon!  Or at least soon-ish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...