Amy Schilling Photography Blog

December 31, 2011

home is where your stuff is...or something like that

I'm writing this on my phone in our new apartment. I have much to say but lack of a full sized keyboard and no Internet will probably keep this brief. We are officially residents of Austin now, though we're headed back tomorrow for one last week of work. I was feeling incredibly sad about the move and I even cried during the initial walk through of our new home. But somewhere along the way, amidst the packing and encouraging words of friends and family, I started to get excited. The more we boxed away, the less our house felt like home. The place we built, in a neighborhood we love, near family we can't live without, where we started our little family - it will be missed. But at the end of the day, it's just a house (a really great one! And it's for sale!) and we can build another one. After arriving in Austin on Thursday afternoon and putting our things away, I could feel this being home - just like that. I can't even describe how badly I felt for ever crying about it, just ridiculously spoiled. I mean sure, the kitchen is half the size of my old laundry room, but this place is really nice! And we're in Austin, our great state's capital! You know how much we love Texas! Starting over is never easy, but what a perfect time with the new year starting tomorrow. I'm very excited to see what 2012 has in store for the Schilling Family!! I'll be back on a computer tomorrow and plan to share a few photos of the new place as well as my New Year's resolution. That's right, there's no 's.' There's only one and it's a doozie! Happy New Year's Eve everyone! I hope today finds you giving thanks for the last year lived and looking forward to a new beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...