Amy Schilling Photography Blog

August 30, 2011

the end of amy

Well, not quite the end of me per se, but the end of a phase. For the last several months Avery often called me Amy. Other people's reactions ranged from finding it disrespectful to treating me with sympathy. Honestly, it bothered me for a minute but I knew it had to be a phase. And guess who was right?! Momma. Oh, I'm sorry, you don't know who that is?! It's ME.

She hasn't called me Amy since before her birthday party over three weeks ago. The first week I noticed but thought maybe I'd just overlooked it because I was so used to it. So I started paying more attention and no, there was no Amy! She has taken to calling me "Mom" sometimes like she just turned twelve instead of two, but whatevs, I'll take it.

So I've been on a bit of a break the last couple of weeks but this week kicks off a busy few months of babies, brides, and birthdays. I'm so thankful for a busy business and can't wait to share some fabulous sessions...but in the meantime, just a silly one of my girl. I was setting up for a newborn session and she was being helpful. She was pretending to be asleep and I caught her mid-snore.

83001

She is both ridiculous and hilarious. I love being Momma to that girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...