Amy Schilling Photography Blog

May 17, 2011

stuck like glue

First of all, we've been playing this song on repeat in the car for the last week. I like Sugarland so it's not too bad, but Avery LOVES that song. If it ends and goes on to the next song she starts fussing until we go back and then she kind of laughs when the music starts and begins kicking her feet and enjoying her favorite tune. And she sings along which is really adorable. Her version goes something like, "Uh oh, Uh oh, yaaaaaaa ble da daaaaaa meeeeee."

And in addition to her backseat singing, she's also started really listening to our conversations up front. After Avery woke up from her nap in a super ornery mood on Saturday, we made the decision to visit Nana & Pop for some cheering up. I was driving and D asked if I was stopping at another spot first and I said, "No, not unless you want me to." And from the backseat Avery busts out with, "No! No no no no, Nana's!" It kind of took us by surprise since we didn't think she was paying attention, but she was and is - always paying attention to everything we do.

But the real reason for this post is to share a great activity book I recently picked up on a trip to Sam's Club. I'm always on the lookout for new/fun activities to do with Avery and when we were perusing the books, I found this one. I would like to get several others in the series and I'll definitinely be getting them at Sam's because they're much cheaper!

51702

My mom suggested laminating the activities so they can be used over and over, but I thought it would take away from the whole "pasting" thing. However, after going through the book there are several activities I will be laminating to reuse. :) I really like that it has helpful tips for parents and so many activity extensions and ideas.

51701

Yesterday we did a couple of activities involving the sky during the day and night. I know she knows the difference in general, but we're really trying to focus on getting her to tell us the details.

Anyway, she takes her gluing very seriously.

51705

51703

Her picture sharing, not so much.

51706

51704

I really like our new activity book and would definitely recommend it to any parents of toddlers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...