Amy Schilling Photography Blog

December 10, 2009

welcome spring

Yeah, I know we should be welcoming winter, what with all the snow and all. However, Avery has this book that we read daily. It's very short (as most board books are) and it has different textures on each page. I bought it last year at the middle school book fair.

And speaking of my former place of employment, as a member of the social committee I took part in an ornament exchange last Christmas and received the crafty looking bird below.


chirp

When I glance at this bird on the Christmas tree I think of spring. In the book it states, "Hear the birds chirping in the trees." And there are two fuzzy felt red birds in the tree. At our house they tweet because when I chirp I feel like a cricket. Avery seems indifferent to either sound. I don't think she likes birds...or crickets.

Before I know it, spring will be upon us. Until then our lovely red bird serves as a reminder of the beautiful flowers and green grass that are waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...