Amy Schilling Photography Blog

September 9, 2009

nick-at-night? not for me.

I know I've mentioned it maybe once or twenty times before, but we don't have cable or any kind of satellite television. We do have an antenna. Actually, cable isn't available in our neighborhood so our only choices for paid tv are Dish or DirecTV.

The lack of channel choices never really bothered me, we don't watch a ton of television in general. However, since having a baby I find myself turning on the tv while sitting in bed feeding avery. There's not much on in the middle of the night. I've seen my fair share of infommercials, people's court, and religious programming.
After spending a night at my aunt's over the weekend with Dish network to keep me entertained at 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, and 7:00--I came home wanting to sign up. HGTV and Nick-at-Night were calling my name, tempting me with their overpriced real estate and re-runs of The Nanny. Unfortunately, my husband did not agree.

I suppose it's better really, not to sign up for Dish. It not only saves money, but it also keeps me from watching too much television. But if you have cable/satellite and I'm coming to visit, you can bet I'll park myself in front of your television. It's like when I was a kid and my parents wouldn't buy a Nintendo because they didn't want us playing video games all day. When I went to my cousins' house, it was ALL I WANTED TO DO. I couldn't wait to play Super Mario Bros.

Dish would be nice on nights like tonight when Deran is working late and the baby & pugs are sacked out. Sure, a couple of books arrived from Amazon today but TLC is probably playing The Half-Ton Man or The 650 lb. Virgin.

Oh well, life is good. This baby will wake up soon and I'll have some company. Yep, I'm still using my iPhone. She really is just the cutest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...