Amy Schilling Photography Blog

September 21, 2009

missing

Nikon and I haven't been very close lately, but I snapped a few pictures early last week while Deran was holding Avery on the back patio and I realized how much I've missed it.

So what have I been doing?


I wouldn't say I've been pumping and saving so much, it's more like my full-time job is nursing the baby--but no pictures because it's not that kind of blog. I can gladly report that the dishes are all clean and the Christmas bowls are back in place waiting for the holidays. Bills are paid. Clothes are folded. Dinners are cooked. Flowers are put in water. My Mamaw is missed. Books are read.

I haven't actually used the crock pot yet, it still has the Foley's gift receipt on the side. It was a great wedding present and that's why five years later, I'm going to start using it! I've been reading chick lit to Avery while I rock and feed her. Only after I've read the board books and sung many a children's song. I realize in a few months such books won't really be appropriate, but right now it's more about tone not content, right? :) A sweet neighbor brought soup and a bouquet of flowers just after Deran went back to work. It was a nice treat and those flowers brightened up the kitchen for a couple of weeks!

So while things do get done around here, the house isn't exactly spotless and I find myself in stretchy pants on most days. I can't help it, there are lots of distractions.

Like this milky mouth.

And these cheeks.

Yep, I find this girl very distracting. Oh well. The house will eventually be restored to a state of clean. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my teeny tiny baby.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...