Amy Schilling Photography Blog

September 22, 2009

this ring

I've lost it twice, and twice it's been found. This ring belonged to my great-grandmother and served as Deran's inspiration in designing my engagement ring. As I started to swell in pregnancy, my mom gave me the ring to wear and I've continued wearing it since giving birth. I love it so much, but it's a little loose.

It was just a tad big while pregnant, but since losing the baby weight it's really become slippery. The first time I lost it was at the baby shower thrown by Deran's co-workers. It was a great shower and as we stood around looking at all of the gifts and wrapping things up, I noticed my ring was gone! Everyone went into full search mode and it was found in the trash bag along with the gift wrap. Thank goodness!

Last week I went for my 6 week postpartum check-up. I had to endure another glucose test and somewhere around the second hour, I noticed that once again I had no ring on! The search began. Office staff searched, I looked through multiple trash cans, my mom went in search of the diaper she'd thrown out earlier. Finally a nurse told me if it was found, they would call. I finished my appointment and sadly counted it as lost. I changed Avery's diaper once more before leaving and there it was, this ring.



It's now safely put away until it's been resized!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...