Amy Schilling Photography Blog

May 30, 2011

happy memorial day

I know I've mentioned him before, but we called him up again today to say thanks and of course, that we love him. He tells us stories of his time serving our country often and we never tire of hearing them. It makes my heart ache a little because I wish my Pawpaw was still around to share his tales of the Navy life. But today I'm especially thankful to those soldiers who made the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedom and I'm proud of our family members who are still around sharing their experiences with us.

53001

That photo was taken one day in March, but don't think Paw was the source of the upset. Deran had just walked by and accidentally hit her in the head on his way back to do some fence work. Paw was trying to make it better! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...