Amy Schilling Photography Blog

May 8, 2011

happy day to the mothers

50802

I've been eagerly awaiting Mother's Day 2011 for the last few days. Not because I was anticipating an expensive gift, but because it's a day I get to do what I want. And honestly, what I wanted was a little bit of ME time. I felt a little guilty about that as I sent my husband and baby out of the room this morning, but the feelings were short-lived as I lay in bed reading an old book.


Avery has been in the midst of an awful stomach virus since the wee hours of Friday morning and by Saturday night I was feeling a little frazzled. Partly from lack of sleep, partly because I felt everything in the house reeked of vomit, but mostly because I felt so helpless in being able to help her feel better except wait it out and pray. Such is the nature of a virus I suppose, but it really sucks.

She's doing much better today and we spent a little time in the backyard this evening. I was hoping to get a few pictures of us together because it's been months since I've gotten in a photo with her. However, she was not really in the mood for photos. And by "not really," I mean AT ALL. She was happily sitting on an old CPU in the office when I asked her to come outside and she was very upset to leave her post atop the old machine. Ah well, it's us right now.

50801

Thanks so much to Deran for taking a few pictures of Avery and me, and for giving me time today to do what I wanted, even if it was a whole lot of nothing. I hope all of you moms and moms-to-be enjoyed an excellent day as well! I'm so thankful to have an amazing/generous/Godly/loving/thelistcouldgoonforever Momma! I'm also grateful for all the other moms in my life, my mother-in-law, stepmother-in-law, and all of the aunts, sisters (in-law), and friends/family that have shared tips and experiences and life in general with me. Moms are great! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...