Amy Schilling Photography Blog

May 30, 2010

mapquest for the win

Deran attended a conference over the weekend so Avery & I tagged along. We stayed here and I can't tell you how many times I said to Deran that it was the perfect place to stay with a kid. It was really family friendly and our room/suite was nice. We'd definitely stay there again as it was nice to put the baby to bed early and then hang out in the living area. Plus we had the advantage of the fridge for said baby's yogurt/water and daddy's Dr Pepper. And it was in a great location! I meant to take pictures of our room but I only ended up with one. Just one snap of my tired sweet baby's bum sacked out on the bed.

53008

During the day while Deran was learnin' it up, Avery & I hung out with friends. On Friday we went to the arboretum where Avery fell asleep maybe even before we got through the gates, but I enjoyed it! It was so pretty and the Peter Rabbit displays were gorgeous. On Saturday we hung with our friends again, but this time at the mall. I picked up a couple of cute things for Avery, because you know she needs more clothes! Saturday night Deran joined us to meet up with our pals for some burgers followed by yummy dessert.

And then today, nine hours after leaving the hotel - we made it home! So we had plans to get up, grab lunch, and head home. D had mentioned wanting to see the new Cowboys Stadium and as we headed out of town he decided that we should definitely see it. So I exited where he told me to based on google maps and kept driving...and driving...and we're both wondering why we can't see this massive new stadium from the road and as we make the last turn (in a residential neighborhood) D laughingly says, "Oh my gosh I think you're going to be so mad!" As I pulled into the stadium we both just laughed, then I took a picture through the windshield with my iPhone.

53001

Coppell Cowboys, I'm sure y'all are an awesome high school football team but you are not the Cowboys we were looking for!

So three hours after leaving the hotel and a new route found by my mapquest search, we arrived at the real stadium and then went on the self-guided tour. It was pretty cool but D & I both agreed that should we go back, the VIP tour is the way to go. We overheard bits and pieces of the guided tour and it sounded really cool. Lots of details about the stadium, like the wood that makes up the players' lockers was imported from South Africa and each locker costs about $9,000-$10,000. Yeah. Probably why one of the attendants told me, "Oh you can't actually sit on those!" when Avery & I sat down for a second. Ridiculous, much?

53002

Words of wisdom taped to the mirrors in the players' locker room...

53003

Avery was just excited to get out of her carseat for a while.

53004

She sat on the field but she was so engrossed in watching all of the other people she couldn't really be bothered to look at me. I don't blame her, other people are much more interesting.

53005

And you guys, if you're still reading this incredibly long post, remember it was DERAN who wanted to visit the stadium? Does he not look like he's having a blast?!

53006

I kid, I kid! He had fun too. :)

53007

On the way home we stopped at Buc-ee's where I enjoyed a delicious dinner of jalapeno beef jerkey, a stick of cheese, and banana split dippin' dots. Nutritious, yes? Avery shared the cheese with me and as she bounced on my lap (we were parked!) she stood up to see Deran in front of us and started shrieking, at which time Deran and I noticed the globs of cheese lining her cheeks. She's a hoarder, she probably still has some green beans in there from last Wednesday!

Anyway, thanks Dallas for the memories! We had fun but it's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...