Amy Schilling Photography Blog

March 18, 2010

mmmmm, felt food

In my search for crafty kid projects, I came across felt food. After a search on flickr that produced one cute food item after another, I decided I must make some!

How about a delicious stack of pancakes? They wouldn't be complete without a little syrup and pat of butter! And I don't know about you, but I usually take mine with a side of eggs - sunny side up.

31802

Not in the mood for breakfast? What about dinner? A nice dish of bow-tie pasta with marinara and meatballs. And if you don't like meat, just take them off!

31803

This food, along with the memory game I recently made, is going to our niece and nephew for their 2nd birthday. I seriously LOVED fake food as a kid. I even tore up blades of grass to use as green beans and salad for my barbies. Seriously.

I have a feeling they'll always be in the mood for something sweet, so they can bake up some delicious chocolate chip cookies! And not only are they cookies, but they also serve as a teaching tool, like, "Which cookie has three chocolate chips?" Who makes educational food? Aunt Amy does, that's who! But um...remember those cookies are teaching counting skills, not shapes...

31801

Two crafty projects down, two to go!

*My good friend T has become a craft superstar and when she was visiting in February she introduced me to several crafty sites. I can't remember where I originally saw the felt food, but thank you T for the introduction to some awesomely crafty inspiration!*

3 comments:

  1. ...and still no mention of the Na :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so cute! I am feeling a little crafty and would love to check out the websites that Tina suggested : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...