Amy Schilling Photography Blog

November 14, 2009

it takes two, baby

The first night Avery didn't nurse herself to sleep, I cried. She was having a very fussy time so Deran took her and walked and whistled and walked and whistled. I told myself I was being ridiculous. I had extra time! To myself! I didn't feel needed and I didn't like it.

Fast forward several weeks and I now willingly hand her over to Daddy to be put to sleep. After a bath she eats, we cuddle, and then she's passed along so she'll go to sleep. Occasionally it takes a second round with Mommy, but most nights D puts her in bed. Of course I get a kiss in too!

Our bedtime routine is nice because we both get special time with Avery before she falls asleep. I no longer feel unloved, and I'm totally blaming hormones for that anyway! Now we joke that Avery will develop some kind of whistle-induced narcolepsy, and really, you'd be amazed at the tunes that guy can whistle!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...