Amy Schilling Photography Blog

January 16, 2009

because he does this

Deran left this afternoon for a developer competition and an hour or so later when I went in search of another item I knew to be in my car, I found a note.

It's hard to adequately describe our love. After a dozen years together we've been through a lot of ups and downs, we've grown up, we've lived, we've lost...we've just been Deran & Amy. And maybe, just maybe, I'm a tad more emotional than I normally would be--just maybe--but I'm so glad he's my best friend.

And I've read the articles that say listing your husband as your best friend just means you don't have any friends, I'm okay with that! I'm not in junior high anymore (though my bf was AWESOME) and I don't feel the need to run to a girlfriend. Girlfriends are fun and I enjoy my time with them, but Deran is the person I'll always rather spend time with. He loves me and he thinks I'm funny...mostly funny...ok, sometimes he laughs a little...at me.

1 comment:

  1. Awww I got tears in my eyes ;) That's so sweet! And I totally feel the same way about Dane. I am ok with not having any friends, Dane IS my best friend, and my life! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...