Amy Schilling Photography Blog

July 2, 2010

patriotic preparations

I was working on a 4th of July shirt for Avery earlier today and she was being helpful as usual. She grabbed some of the scrap material and somehow managed to get it all crisscrossed around her arms.

7201

She looked so darn cute today in her whale pajamas, I didn't change her until laaaate in the day...like almost 6:00 p.m.

7202

And I don't know what it is, it could just be her overwhelming adorableness, but I just can't get enough of her lately. I just really love her so much. Tomorrow she'll be 11 months old and it's just crazy how quickly this time has gone by. I remember when I was a kid and I loved my baby dolls and I always secretly wished someone would leave a baby on our doorstep so I'd have a real baby to play with. And lately I've been trying to take in every moment with Avery because right now, like this time RIGHT NOW, I have my very own baby to play with and take care of and it's such an awesome thing.

I know an overwhelming number of pregnant women. Every day it seems I'm finding out someone else is expecting. It's always exciting news to hear and I'm genuinely happy for each and every one of them. I'm so glad to have Avery, other people need to experience the baby love too! But I have to say, I'm really happy for this friend.

It's been almost a decade since we met and not only is she a great friend, but she's an awesome educator. And she made it known that she wanted her own classroom...or at least enough kids to fill an SUV (please stay away from the mini-vans)! So I'm really excited for her to start this journey into motherhood because it's really amazing and her excitement is almost tangible it's so overwhelming. She deserves a class full of mini Mahlers. I love you Lace, and your little baby too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...