Amy Schilling Photography Blog

April 30, 2010

iPugs

43005

At the end of a yawn. Isn't it heinous?! I usually have my iPhone close by and while Avery & I were looking through pictures I noticed I'd taken quite a few of the pugs over the last month.

43004

Since Avery's arrival, the pugs haven't exactly been the pampered pooches they once were. I still love them, I do, but Avery's just...well...so much better! As we were waiting to be taken back for my c-section I cried for my dogs. I cried because that morning when I left the house I hadn't given them a proper goodbye. I put them in their kennels and said farewell, expecting to be home after lunch. And then I wasn't and I was so upset they'd think I'd abandoned them. Yep, that's pretty much what was going through my head just before my body was cut open and my baby pulled out - I didn't give the pugs a proper goodbye.

And now? Well, it's different. They don't sleep in our room anymore, I never lay on the couch to snuggle during the day, and those little personality quirks that used to be endearing are now a tad annoying. Like really annoying. But then Harper does the things she does and it makes me laugh.

43001

They're much sweeter to one another than they used to be. Sometimes I see them and I just think, "Awwwwww."

43002

And I'm glad I have my phone nearby to get a picture because by the time I get the camera out and on, etc. the moment may be gone. Those two can be fickle.

So I love my dogs - no really, I do - but it's different now. I love them like...dogs. Because Avery? Well, I can't help but love her best.

43003

I put that red shirt on her and promptly decided I was going to add ruffles to everything she owns. "She shall spend her summer in ruffles!" I thought to myself. Because how cute is she?! I kept telling her all day how beautiful she is and really, I think she's adorable everyday but today I was like, "Whoa - CUTE OVERLOAD."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...